- 1 How do I decide what to study at university?
- 2 What should you not bring to university?
- 3 What do you need in uni to get a first?
- 4 What should I bring to University Hall?
- 5 What jobs will be needed in 2025?
- 6 What’s the most useful degree?
- 7 What qualifications do you need for university?
- 8 What clothes to take to uni?
- 9 How do I prepare for university?
- 10 How can I come first in exam?
- 11 Is it hard to get first at uni?
- 12 What percentage is a 1st degree?
- 13 What should I bring to hostel?
- 14 What to do before going to uni?
- 15 What is inside a university?
How do I decide what to study at university?
Think about your career goals and the qualifications required as part of a person specification. Take a look at our subject guides to get an idea of the types of subjects you could study, and the industries graduates go on to work in. Search for courses by subject to see what’s available.
What should you not bring to university?
Now that we’ve covered the essentials, here are 18 things you should leave at home when you move to uni this September.
- 1) Pets. Let’s get the tough bit out of the way first.
- 2) Ashtrays. Most halls and purpose-built student accommodation are no-smoking zones.
- 3) Speakers.
- 4) Candles.
- 5) Stationery.
- 6) Car.
- 7) Kettle.
- 8) Books.
What do you need in uni to get a first?
To get a first-class degree at university, you’ll usually need an average of around 70 percent or above overall. This average is calculated across coursework, presentations, projects and exams, so you’ll need to achieve consistent good grades throughout university.
What should I bring to University Hall?
- Passport/driving license or some form of ID.
- All official university documents, including your acceptance letter.
- All your Student Finance documents.
- Accommodation documents.
- Your course acceptance letter.
- Your bank details and bank card.
- Passport photos.
- National Insurance card.
What jobs will be needed in 2025?
Looking ahead: The Top 5 careers in 2025
- App and Software Development.
- Health Services Manager.
- Child Educators and Trainers.
- Financial Advisors and Accountants.
- Stay Updated with Future Career Trends.
What’s the most useful degree?
Here is a list of the most useful college majors based on post-graduate employment and median annual wage as noted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Biomedical engineering.
- Computer science.
- Marine engineering.
- Pharmaceutical sciences.
- Computer engineering.
- Electrical engineering.
- Software engineering.
What qualifications do you need for university?
Most universities will look for an 4/5 at GCSE (A*-C under the old grading system) in English, maths and possibly science. Specific courses may also ask for minimum grades in certain relevant GCSE subjects, while competitive courses will look for strong GCSE results as an indicator of your academic ability. 7
What clothes to take to uni?
University checklist: Clothing
- Casual clothes (t-shirts, jumpers, trousers)
- Underwear (pants, socks, bras)
- Dressing gown and slippers.
- Winter coat and jacket.
- Gloves, hat and scarf.
- Shoes (trainers, smart shoes, casual shoes)
- Smart office outfit (for possible part-time job interviews)
How do I prepare for university?
7 Tips to Prepare for Starting University
- Learn to cook – if you can’t already!
- If you’re an international student – join an orientation program.
- Consider setting a student budget.
- Make sure you’re organized.
- Get ahead with your reading.
- Use social media to get chatting with your new course-mates.
- Get packing!
How can I come first in exam?
Both types are important, and will help you to both study better, and perform better in the exam.
- Start your revision early.
- Organise your study time.
- Look after yourself during study and exam time.
- Vary your revision techniques.
- Vary your locations.
- Take regular breaks.
- Know your exam.
Is it hard to get first at uni?
To get a first class degree at university, you will usually need to get 70% or more overall in your assessments and exams. If you’re serious about getting the best result possible out of your uni years, buckle up – you’re in for a tough (but rewarding!)
What percentage is a 1st degree?
First-Class Honours (First or 1st) ( 70% and above ) Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1, 2. i) (60-70%) Lower Second-Class Honours (2:2, 2.
What should I bring to hostel?
Must have Travel essentials while staying in a hostel.
- Light-weight Microfiber travel towel. Most hostels don’t provide towels so it’s better to carry your own as it’s one of the things needed for hostel.
- Travel Toiletries.
- Eye Mask/ Sleeping Mask.
- Flip flops/Slippers.
- Packing cubes.
- Laundry bag.
What to do before going to uni?
10 things to do before starting university
- Arrange your accommodation.
- Sort out your finances.
- Decide what to take.
- Benefit from discounted travel.
- Get reading.
- Arrange a health check.
- Get to know the area.
- Learn to cook.
What is inside a university?
Usually a college campus includes libraries, lecture halls, residence halls, student centers or dining halls, and park-like settings. A modern campus is a collection of buildings and grounds that belong to a given institution, either academic or non-academic.