- 1 Do you have to be affiliated with a university to do research?
- 2 Can I publish a paper without affiliation?
- 3 Can you be an independent academic?
- 4 How do independent researchers access journals?
- 5 Can you publish research without a PhD?
- 6 How do you become an independent scholar?
- 7 Is student an affiliation?
- 8 Can I publish a review paper on my own?
- 9 Do you get paid for publishing a research paper?
- 10 Can I use a university library if I’m not a student?
- 11 How can I access academic journals?
- 12 How do I access online journals?
Do you have to be affiliated with a university to do research?
You do not have to be affiliated to a university to publish papers, however, your paper will most likely be reviewed by (early) academics. They will judge your work according to their academic standards.
Can I publish a paper without affiliation?
You can always publish a paper individually without any affiliation. You shall be an independent consultant to do it and a credible CV to justify it. Other ways are also possible and needs to be explored.
Can you be an independent academic?
The term usually describes a person with a PhD who does not have an academic affiliation but who still participates in academia in a number of ways, including going to conferences and publishing articles in journals and books with academic presses.
How do independent researchers access journals?
Here are some tips on how to access academic material — such as books and journal articles — as an independent scholar.
- Use your local library.
- Check your alumna/alumnus benefits.
- Access other university libraries.
- Find online resources.
Can you publish research without a PhD?
Yes, it’s possible to get a paper published without having a PhD: PhD students do it all the time. Submitted papers are supposed to be evaluated according to what they say, not who said it.
How do you become an independent scholar?
Often, a scholar does not initially choose to become independent, but ends up doing it given circumstances or opportunities. Requirements… To be recognized as a scholar, one is generally expected to have completed an MA or PhD, although there are exceptions depending on the individual’s quality of scholarship.
Is student an affiliation?
Normally, if you are a student, your affiliation will be the school / college / university that you attend (or if you have recently changed institutions, the one you attended when you did the work and wrote the paper).
Can I publish a review paper on my own?
Popular Answers (1) If you have worked on your own, there is no need of a second author. You can be the corresponding author and the presenting author both. From paper submission, review process, resubmission and acceptance etc., all the information will be mailed to the email of the corresponding author.
Do you get paid for publishing a research paper?
No. Pretty much the only link between academic publishing and your bank account is the fact that you won’t get a job if you don’t publish (discounting the impact buying books has on your bank balance). You don’t get paid for articles you publish.
Can I use a university library if I’m not a student?
As long as you don’t bother students then library staff are usually happy to assist you with in-house library use if you are there for academic purposes. Checking out won’t be possible unless you are affiliated somehow with the university. Some libraries have visitor programs if you have a good reason to be there.
How can I access academic journals?
The Top 21 Free Online Journal and Research Databases
- CORE. CORE is a multidisciplinary aggregator of open access research.
- Directory of Open Access Journals.
- Education Resources Information Center.
- arXiv e-Print Archive.
- Social Science Research Network.
- Public Library of Science.
How do I access online journals?
Access Journal Articles Behind Paywalls for Free
- Check Your Institutions’ and Associations’ Subscriptions.
- Investigate Other Library Options.
- Get it From the Author.
- Try Unpaywall.
- Look for an Open-Access Alternative.
- Purchase or Rent the Individual Paper.
- Get a Personal Subscription.