- 1 What essentials do you need for university?
- 2 What should I not forget to take to uni?
- 3 What does every college student need?
- 4 What should I bring to university dorm?
- 5 How can I decorate my uni room?
- 6 What should I wear to university?
- 7 What to do before going to uni?
- 8 What do you need for first year university?
- 9 What should I bring to hostel?
- 10 What do college students struggle with?
- 11 What should a first year college student know?
- 12 What every freshman needs for college?
- 13 What do college students buy the most?
- 14 How much money should I bring to college?
- 15 What should a girl bring to college?
What essentials do you need for university?
- bed linen, including sheets, duvet, blankets, pillows and pillowcases.
- clothes for all seasons, plus smart wear.
- coat hangers.
- extension lead.
- socket adaptor (for international students)
- personal items such as toiletries.
- kitchen items and some food to keep you going for the first week.
What should I not forget to take to uni?
12 Things Not to Forget When Going to University
- Blu-tack. Blu-tack is one of the most important items in your university arsenal (trust us).
- Bottle opener.
- Tea towels.
- Pack of cards.
- Tin opener.
- Alarm clock.
- Devices and chargers.
- Coat hangers.
What does every college student need?
Items Every College Student Needs:
- The Ultimate Study Planner. Check it out!
- Swell Water Bottle.
- Portable Charger.
- Airpods / Bluetooth headphones.
- Card Holder.
- Mattress Topper.
- Desk lamp.
What should I bring to university dorm?
Bath and Bedding
- Comforter and/or quilts (Consider bringing sturdy, easy-to-wash items)
- Throw blanket.
- Bed sheets (Suggested Size: Twin XL)
- Mattress pad.
- Reading pillow.
- Alarm clock.
How can I decorate my uni room?
How to decorate room at uni
- Get pretty bedding. Credit: All About Space – Shutterstock.
- Invest in a pillow and blanket.
- Get storage boxes and separators.
- Buy lamps for extra light.
- Get stick-on blinds for rooms that are too light.
- Add fairy lights.
- Use decorative vines/string for photos.
- Hang photos and prints.
What should I wear to university?
Lecturer Peter advises: ‘Applicants should aim for office-casual, ideally wearing simple clothing that is slightly formal. ‘ For men, this could mean a standard trousers and jacket combo with a smart pair of shoes. For women, there are trousers, skirts and dresses to choose from.
What to do before going to uni?
10 things to do before starting university
- Arrange your accommodation.
- Sort out your finances.
- Decide what to take.
- Benefit from discounted travel.
- Get reading.
- Arrange a health check.
- Get to know the area.
- Learn to cook.
What do you need for first year university?
- Mattress protector.
- Pillows (even if pillows are included, they might not be to your liking)
- Sheets, pillowcases, duvet or comforter.
- Laundry bag or basket.
- Clothes hangers.
- Ear plugs.
- Desk lamp and/or night light.
What should I bring to hostel?
Must have Travel essentials while staying in a hostel.
- Light-weight Microfiber travel towel. Most hostels don’t provide towels so it’s better to carry your own as it’s one of the things needed for hostel.
- Travel Toiletries.
- Eye Mask/ Sleeping Mask.
- Flip flops/Slippers.
- Packing cubes.
- Laundry bag.
What do college students struggle with?
Common Issues for College Students.
- Social anxiety, general anxiety, test anxiety, or panic attacks.
- Family expectations or problems.
- Depression, lack of energy or motivation, hopelessness, being overwhelmed, low self-esteem, homesickness, loneliness.
What should a first year college student know?
25 Tips to Help You Survive and Thrive in Your Freshman Year
- Go to all orientations.
- Get to know your roommate and others in your residence hall.
- Get organized.
- Find the ideal place for you to study.
- Go to class.
- Become an expert on course requirements and due dates.
- Strive for good grades.
What every freshman needs for college?
12 dorm essentials to put on your list
- Twin XL sheets.
- IKEA Frakta Bag.
- Surge protector with USB ports.
- Bed Pillow.
- Mattress topper.
- Laundry hamper or basket.
- Storage solutions.
What do college students buy the most?
Although this may not seem like much, on a national scale that number adds up: college students have an average combined $417 billion in spending power. The “Non-Essentials”
- Restaurants – 99%
- Beauty – 76%
- Fashion – 70%
- Electronics – 60%
- Live music – 59%
- Media – 57%
- Gyms and fitness – 38%
How much money should I bring to college?
But, generally speaking, the going rate for a spending allowance at college seems to be $100 to $300 a month, said Leah Bourne, managing editor of the financial site The Money Manual. A 2018 OppLoans poll of 1,000 college students bears that out; 67% said they receive $2,000 or less annually from their parents.
What should a girl bring to college?
- Mattress topper (memory foam is always a good choice)
- Mattress pad.
- Comforter or duvet with cover.
- Pillow cases (at least two per pillow)
- Sheets (two sets)
- Extra blanket.
- Throw blanket.